Sunday, January 3, 2010

Arrival

You arrived on Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM...two weeks before your estimated due date.

On Sunday (November 29th) after we had gotten home from church, I began to have contractions. They were irregular so I didn't think anything of it since you were still two weeks away from your due date. That night I helped Daddy and your brothers get the Christmas tree put up, but the whole time I was in pain. I woke up at about 2 AM with my contractions coming 5 minutes apart. After they had been consistent for awhile I decided that I should get up and pack a bag for the hospital just in case. Getting up and moving around helped slow the contractions down, but they never really went away. On Monday I had a doctor's appointment and when the doctor checked me I was dialated to a one. She told me to come back in if my contractions started coming 5 minutes apart for over an hour. Since I was scheduled to have a c-section on the 7th, she told me that it was important for me to come in if I went into labor.

All of Monday I had very painful, yet irregular contractions. I knew it was only a matter of time before you got here. Monday night I had Daddy help me get all of the baby clothes washed and I got bags packed for you and I. About 9 o'clock that night I fell asleep on the couch, but it was a restless and painful sleep. I remember waking myself up several times because I was moaning in pain. Finally about 10:30 I woke up and that's when my contractions started coming 5 minutes to 7 minutes apart. Since my contractions were still varying in length I waited it out until about 3:30 in the morning before I finally woke up your Daddy and we got ready to go to the hospital.

By the time we made it to the hospital my contractions were so painful that I started crying when they came. After the nurses had examined me they said I was dialated to a 5. I am not sure why they didn't just do my c-section then, but they kept me for observation. Since both of your brothers were born via cesarean, there was no possibility for me to have had a normal birth with you. So I labored with you until about 9 AM when they took me back to the operating room. They started my cesarean at 9:30 and you were born 24 minutes later. It took them a long time to get you out because Mommy had a lot of scar tissue from her previous two cesareans. When you were born, the first thing I noticed about you were your chubby little cheeks. You were my first baby that didn't have to be rushed off and put on oxygen, so you were able to be with me the whole time I was in the OR. It was such a blessing to spend those first few moments with you! Daddy getting ready to go to the OR.
Mommy waiting for you to come out.

Your birth!



You were 6 lbs 15.5 oz and 21 inches long...our longest baby yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment